DEACON RECOMMENDATIONS 2020
Note: Deadline for Deacon recommendations to
be submitted is Sunday, Oct. 27th.
Covenant members may:
-Turn in a card to the office
-Place in receptacle located at worship center entrance
-Use the online link below
Deacon vote will take place on Sunday, Nov. 3rd during both services. Covenant members must be present in person to vote.
Section 2 -DEACON QUALIFICATIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Deacons shall be examples for other members of the church and they have responsibilities in this regard as set forth in 1Timothy 3:8-13. Deacons must:
1. Know, along with his wife, how to hold his tongue against spreading gossip or talking critically about others.
2. Hold in confidence sensitive matters concerning the business or membership of the church.
3. Handle his own business affairs in a way that is above reproach, possessing a good name among the people of the community.
4. Try to put down murmuring and complaining as he would smother a fire, facing them frankly, dealing with them fairly and stand loyally with the majority of the church in its decisions.
5. Attend the services of his church, supporting them with his good will, presence, prayers and contributions.
6. Be willing to serve when service is needed, to the best of his ability. He should be willing to work at an assigned task conscientiously and if he is unable to carry out the assignment, will so indicate and resign the responsibility. He will resign from his position if he cannot or will not carry out his responsibilities as an elected Deacon.
Section 4 - DEACON ELIGIBILITY
To be eligible to serve as Deacon, the church member must:
1. Be a male at least twenty-five (25) years of age by the beginning of his term.
2. Be a continuous Covenant member for at least one (1) year.
3. Believe in and practice tithing as a minimum expression of his love for God.
4. Not have any serious domestic troubles and not have been divorced.
5. Not drink alcoholic beverages or use illegal drugs.
6. Meet the requirements set forth in 1 Timothy 3:8-13.
7. Be in full agreement with the statement of faith as found in our constitution.