To the Ends of the Earth
We believe the Gospel message is for the entire world. One of the best ways you can grow as a follower of Christ is to participate in a short-term mission trip. These trips are planned throughout the year and are planned with you and our mission partners in mind. Take time to invest in our neighborhoods, city, state nation or uttermost parts of the world! Join us this year as we go, serve and share with our 2020 mission partners.
“But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.”
Janie Chapman Daily Prayer Guide
Vietnamese Church Planting
South Carolina Baptist churches - Vietnamese Blessing and Greenville Vietnamese - are reaching Vietnamese people in the upstate. They have a vision to help start a new congregation in the midlands to share the gospel with several thousand Vietnamese living there. The Janie Chapman Offering provides training for ethnic church leaders and start-up assistance for new work like the Vietnamese church plant.
• Pray for these two churches as they reach the Vietnamese community in South Carolina.
• Pray for God to provide a church planter to lead a new Vietnamese work in the midlands.
• Pray for an existing church in the Columbia area to serve as a sponsoring church for this new work.
Funds from the Janie Chapman Offering were used to replace a broken washing machine on the Florence Baptist Association’s Disaster Relief shower/laundry unit last year so that clothes could be washed for residents that had to be evacuated from a storm-damaged nursing home.
• Pray that the two new shower/laundry units being built in South Carolina this year will be completed
and will have volunteers to serve when needs arrive.
• Pray for leaders to find effective ways to provide training amidst the ongoing social distancing
restrictions of the pandemic.
• Pray for wisdom in responding to any type of event, including hurricanes, during the pandemic, with
restrictions affecting the way Disaster Relief teams can be housed, fed, work, and travel together.